Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Indulgence

Sorry its been so long! With only 2 and a half weeks left, I've been feeling the need to squeeze in as much as possible, and documenting my adventures has been pushed to the back burner. There's always an excuse, isn't there? As much as I know I'll love having all this to look back on, it's so time consuming! Luckily, there is a 3 day holiday coming up next week, and as the end of my trip is approaching, things should be slowing down a lot. Not that I mind the work! My efforts to 'tourist out' this past week have been relatively unsuccessful, and my willpower seems to have flown out the window. Frequent shopping trips and Starbucks runs with my new friend Martina have left me feeling rather uncultured, but satisfied nonetheless. I did, however manage to visit the Imperial palace grounds- and get inside this time! Sunday brought another test shoot, which was a lot of fun! I managed to pick up some Japanese, and the stylist was really cool. Despite the Sound of Music inspired wardrobe and location (I managed to resist belting out 'the hills are alive...') I had a lot of fun. However, the many rice balls and sweets I consumed throughout the day were probably unnecessary. I did regain some dignity today, though, by hitting the gym and the grocery store; then undid all the hard work by devouring a delicious sushi dinner cooked for me by my Japanese friends. Hey, I'm experiencing Asian cuisine- it's all part of the experience!
I'm unsure weather to be excited to come home, or sad to leave! I've been meeting so many amazing people, and spending most of my free moments with my new friends- but I miss all my buds back home, too. I'm realizing I'm good at making myself happy wherever I am, though. Good thing, too- because this trip has given me the urge to see (and taste) as much of the world as I possibly can.








No comments:

Post a Comment