Monday, June 28, 2010

Yoyogi Park

Having spent my first week in Japan running about and taking in the city, I've slowed down the past few days to catch up on the G20 news ( my city is a mess ) and some much needed Zzz's. This may have been partially due to Tereza's absence, as she is in Hawaii for a booking. I'm going to be sad to see her leave next week. Before her departure, though, we took a quick day trip to Yoyogi Park. It's quite the social atmosphere; we were invited to play an Asian spin on the game 'what time is it Mr Wolf' and were all too eager to join. I love that the Japanese embrace youth, I feel like Tokyo is a huge, impeccably clean playground. Yoyogi is like the manifestation of a childhood daydream... Harijuku girls blowing bubbles, full grown adults hula-hooping, musicians galore and the warmest of smiles from people with dogs strolling (or skateboarding?) alongside.










No comments:

Post a Comment